You Can Help a Child Find the Love He Deserves
When you donate to Joint Council on International Children’s Services, you are helping children around the world who lack what should be every child’s basic right – the right to a loving, permanent family. Each year, Joint Council and our grass-roots, donor-based coalition of more than 260 organizations come to the aid of over 2 million children in over 73 countries.
- Marshal and deploy the resources and services needed to help children at risk
- Raise global awareness of the plight of orphaned and vulnerable children, fight for their rights, and work with governments, businesses, foundations, partners and donors to change the conditions that put them at risk.
- Sponsor research and share information to raise the standards, practices and ethics of communities serving children, while providing families with timely, useful information and training.
Recently, Joint Council and its partners have:
- Conducted a multi-year campaign which resulted in the adoption of 4,000 Guatemalan children who would have otherwise languished in orphanages;
- Partnered with the US Dept. of Homeland Security and others to move 1,100 children out of harm’s way after the 2010 earthquake in Haiti;
- Created A Child’s Best Start with the Mead Johnson Nutrition Foundation, a program dedicated to improved nutrition for vulnerable children.
There is so much more work to be done. Please consider a tax-deductible donation to help us continue this vital work on behalf of vulnerable children throughout the world.