New research out of the University of Minnesota shows that under-nutrition in adopted kids is not always obvious and may actually worsen if gone untreated during the period of “catch-up growth” post-adoption. We’ve joined with SPOON Foundation to bring adoptive families, child welfare providers, & medical clinics a new, comprehensive resource developed to educate parents about the unique nutritional and feeding needs of adopted and foster children. AdoptionNutrition.org offers critical information in a user-friendly format, covering topics such as:
- Overcoming common feeding challenges
- Country-specific nutrition information and recipes
- Critical lab tests for identifying common deficiencies
- Special needs feeding practices
- Tips for transitioning the diet
The site also serves as a venue for adoptive and foster families to share their nutrition-related experiences and ask questions of an expert team.
AN ALLIANCE WITH