The Ukraine SDAPRC has issued the quota for intercountry adoptions to the United States for calendar year 2008 at 460 (dossier submissions). Additionally, specific quotas have been set for five categories:
- children under 6 years old (with no siblings) – 32 dossiers
- children from 6 to 9 years old (with no siblings) – 83 dossiers
- children 10 or more years old (with no siblings) – 115 dossiers
- sibling groups (in which one of the children is younger than 6 years) – 92 dossiers
- sibling groups (in which all siblings are 6 or more years old) – 138 dossiers
It is Joint Council’s understanding that the quota was set based on the SDAPRC’s goal of finding families for older children and on the continued issue of post-placement compliance rates.