Adoption Status: Guatemala is not actively utilizing intercountry adoption as a permanency option for children. Visit the Department of State’s adoption website for detailed information on intercountry adoption.
For a list of Joint Council partners working in Guatemala please see Country Listing page.
Click here to help raise funds for Guatemala!
Country Information: Joint Council published the following updates and announcements regarding Guatemala.
- Guatemala: President to speed up 350 US adoptions Posted on: April 13, 2012
- In The News - “The Wheat and the Weeds” Posted on: February 8, 2012
- Update: Processing Plan for CNA Cases Posted on: December 13, 2011
- Guatemala Sentences 2 in US Adoption Case Posted on: October 27, 2011
- Abandoned in Guatemala: The Failure of Intercountry Adoption Practices Posted on: October 19, 2011
- Guatemala: US Department of State Adoption Notice – CNA Processing Framework for U.S. Cases Under Its Authority Posted on: October 17, 2011
- Adoption Notice: Guatemala Posted on: September 28, 2011
- Guatemala Issues Adoption Decree for Pending Adoptions Posted on: August 24, 2011
- Guatemala: Adoption Notice Posted on: June 2, 2011
- Amercian University to host "Stolen Children: Illegal Practices in Intercountry Adoption" Posted on: April 1, 2011
- Guatemala's Solicitor General in DC Posted on: February 18, 2011
- Guatemala: Update from the US Dept of State Posted on: February 3, 2011
- Guatemala: US Dept of State Requesting Information from Grandfathered Cases Posted on: December 20, 2010
- Guatemala: US Withdrawls Letter of Interest Posted on: October 5, 2010
- Guatemala: August 2010 Update Posted on: August 27, 2010
- Guatemala: Update on 2010 PAP Survey Posted on: August 9, 2010
- Guatemala: 2010 PAP survey Posted on: July 20, 2010
- Guatemala: 2009 Posted on: December 4, 2009
- Guatemala: 2007 Posted on: December 25, 2007
- Guatamala5000 in 2007 Posted on: September 30, 2007
- Guatemala: 2006 Posted on: December 25, 2006
- Guatemala: 2008 Posted on: December 25, 2005
- Guatemala: 2005 Posted on: November 8, 2005