Adoption Status: Cambodia is actively utilizing intercountry adoption as a permanency option for children. However, intercountry adoptions between Cambodia and the United States are not active. Visit the Department of State’s adoption website for detailed information on intercountry adoption.
For a List of Joint Council partners working in Cambodia please see Country Listing page.
Country Information: Joint Council published the following updates and announcements regarding Cambodia.
- Adoption Notice: Cambodia Posted on: March 20, 2012
- Cambodia moves to limit orphanage boom Posted on: September 8, 2011
- Cambodia: State Department Adoption Notice Posted on: June 8, 2011
- Cambodia: Ban Will Remain on US Adoptions Posted on: April 19, 2011
- Ambassador Jacobs Travels to Cambodia and Vietnam Posted on: March 15, 2011
- US Confirms No Adoptions with Cambodia Posted on: February 12, 2009
- Cambodia: Attempts to Move Forward Posted on: January 18, 2007
- Cambodia: Adoption Reform Not Yet Finalized Posted on: September 18, 2006
- Cambodia: Revised Legislation Delayed Posted on: July 18, 2006
- Cambodia: Status of Institutionalized Children Posted on: May 18, 2005
- Cambodia: Update on Hawaii Resident Involved in Cambodian Adoption Conspiracy Posted on: November 19, 2004
- Cambodia: Hawaii Resident Pleads Guilty in Cambodian Adoption Conspiracy Posted on: June 23, 2004
- Cambodia: U.S. Department of State talks with Cambodian Government Posted on: March 18, 2004
- Cambodia: Adoption Investigation Posted on: January 18, 2004
- Cambodia: Petitions and Home Studies Posted on: July 18, 2003