The top ten benefits of being a Joint Council Partner!
1. Powerful Advocacy: Joint Council has developed a unique understanding of the processes and approaches that best protect children, while continuing to advocate for every child’s right to a permanent, safe, and loving family. Our International Relations Initiative is designed to develop relationships, resolve issues, create collaboration, and influence public policy. Joint Council’s Partners also reap the benefits from Joint Council’s frequent interactions with officials from the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, U.S. Congress, UNICEF, foreign embassies, the Council on Accreditation, and others. As a Partner, you will continually receive updates on legislative changes, country situations, and Joint Council’s advocacy work. Joint Council Partnership provides you with resources on foreign laws and serves as a channel to both US and foreign governments.
2. Listservs: Our Partners are eligible to participate in Joint Council’s caucuses, which through our listservs serve as forums for discussion regarding key topics and issues in the community. Partners benefit from receiving Joint Council breaking-news updates on country and topic-specific developments.
3. Increase Your Visibility: Target a new audience and drive traffic to your website! Our Online Partnership Directory is a great way to advertise your programs and services. Your organization’s contact information will be advertised on four separate pages of our website so that visitors can search by what you are, what you do, where you are, and where you service! Additionally, we are expanding our website to create the Joint Council Partners Site, a site completely dedicated to showcasing you! Check out a sample here.
4. Education and Research: Joint Council Partners have access to our educational resources which Partners can attend at discounted rates, including our parent and professional webinars.
5. Joint Council Annual Symposium: Joint Council Partners are invited to participate in our yearly Symposium, which Partners can attend at discounted rates. This year’s Symposium will take place in New York City on May 20-22, 2013. We invite you to participate by attending, submitting presentation proposals, or sponsoring! For information regarding our 2013 Annual Symposium & Medical Institute, please click here. Sustaining Partners can receive even larger discounts.
6. Publicize Your Events : As part of our initiative to increase communication between our Partners, Joint Council distributes a Partner Events Calendar on a monthly basis via our community listserv. We encourage Partners to keep us informed of their information meetings, workshops, conferences, and educational events so that we can pass along the information to our Partner network of over 3,000 individuals. Events that you would like to promote can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Joint Council Activity Highlights: Anyone subscribed to our community listserv will receive our Monthly Activity Highlights Digest in which we recap our work from the past month. Our Partner News section highlights the key achievements of our Partners that month. Please note that anyone in your organization can receive this.
8. Linking Your Website to Joint Council: As a Partner, you are able to take advantage of the Joint Council brand, credibility and reputation by linking your website to Joint Council’s. You also have the right to display Joint Council’s logo in your print and web materials.
9. Publicizing Job and Intern Positions: Partners are welcome to submit notices of employment, volunteer, and internship opportunities to us (email@example.com), which we will post in our online Job Bank as well as Partner Job Bank section of our Monthly Activity Highlight Digest.